Persian Fallow Deer
- Persian name Gavazn-e-zard
- English name Persian Fallow Deer
- Scientific name Dama dama mesopotamica
- Family Cervidae
- Morphology Persian fallow deer is physically smaller than Maral, and their antlers are big and relatively wide. It has a short, smooth coat which is reddish-brown with white spots spread randomly, in summer and grey in winter. The length is 150 to 200 centimeters.
- Ethology Their sense of vision is stronger than Marals, Persian fallow deer is very cautious in natural environments and escape with high leaps when they are scared or are trying to escape from a predator. Sometimes it hides among the trees and bushes.