Carasobarbus luteus (Heckel)
- Persian name Hemri, hemri beynolnahreini, zard-e-pishani
- English name Carasobarbus luteus (Heckel)
- Key features The number of scales on the side line is limited, it has large scales and often has two pairs of barbels, and the last unbranched ray in the dorsal fin is weak compared to other Barbus fish.
- Conservation status This species is endemic to Iran, Turkey, Iraq and Syria and due to its very widespread and often abundant even in heavily impacted water bodies, it is therefore assessed as Least Concern (LC) by IUCN.
- Habitat and distribution Syria, Lebanon, Iraq, Iran and Turkey in Tigris-Euphrates basin area. In Iran, it is reported in persis (Mond, Dasht-e-Palang, Dalaki, Shapoor and Helleh Rivers), kal and Kor (Doroodzan dam).